Monday, May 16, 2011

As I hold my reflection's gaze

Monday, May 16, 2011



When I look into the mirror, the one staring back is not me
The girl looks like I do, but its you that all I see
The eyes hold up to their own dreams, but life works to seek  that of yours
All I see is stranger in her, not someone I ever want to be

She smiles when you ask for it, but it hurts her tender eyes
Laughters she lets out rings aloud more like suppressed cries
But I don't have zeal to smile these days, nothing I find cheering
So, stranger she gets as I look into her, someone I despise

She never dares to live her dreams, but dwells in fantasies you weave
She neither takes a fulfilling breathe, its a long sigh that she heaves
But in her eyes, I still get the glimpse of someone who resembles my soul
I have lost myself though long ago in the labyrinth of your beliefs

The cage you hold her is so gorgeous tempting all seven deadly sins
But long forgotten her voices are so loud, as in silence they seem to scream
I never find me in her, pains inside suffocate me to death
Its nightmare I am forced to live forgetting what living means

I want to see me in her, as I look into the glass
I want to see a content look as I look upon the staring lass
Someone content to live, to fight and to call her life as her own
Someone to hold the reins of her life and search for herself in the mass

All of this I want, without you anywhere near the stage
Breaking free is all I want, from all your emotionally scarred maze
You cant stop me nor am I going to stop at your plea
I now want to find myself as I hold my reflection's gaze

3 comments:

{ mani } at: May 16, 2011 at 6:50 PM said...

Hmmm....
nice one again

{ mani } at: May 16, 2011 at 6:51 PM said...

Hmmm.........
nice one again

{ Unknown } at: May 22, 2011 at 7:00 AM said...

thank u