Friday, March 15, 2013

The shoes!

Friday, March 15, 2013

Pushed, shoved, slammed
Poked, yelled at, damned
And I am still here
Helpless, wordless, choice-less


I have nothing to hold
No bars, no poles, no stands
And you asking to leave!
Leave what? The pint of shameless life that remains within?

I begged, borrowed and stole
To fill up that bottomless hole
Punctured in my heart
Drilled down into my soul

But then, you ask me to give up
Give up what?
The esteem-less, half hearted attempt to live
I seriously have noting to give, neither up or down!

I cant ask you to wear my shoes
Sole-less due to friction
Rubbed to kiss the ground everyday
and I am what I wear!!

I cry to be forgiven
I beg for a second chance
I kneel down to be heard
I kill my respect for your audience... for  nothing that I have done

And you tell me I am good!
Also that I should look out for better
Tell me my friend will you wear a torn thrown shoes?
Because I am the same!

It's You  who can wear, who can shove
It's You can say 'not wearing it anymore'
But am one who is made to be walked upon
so, I cant walk away on my own!

I get it you know
I am no crown to sit on head
I am no sweater to be hugged upon
But shoes that I am... I kiss thy feet everyday

And feel grateful that you wore
Oh! that pride when you Walk in me!!
Thus I can never go....
Unless you kick and give it a throw

'cause I cant walk away on my own!!
I can't move away on my own!!










0 comments: